Sunday, July 22, 2007

MILESTONE: 1st LID Anniversary for Natalie


Today is our first anniversary of being logged into the adoption system in China (LID = log in date). Here is a picture of a Lily in place of a picture I will post at some unknown time in the future of our Natalie. For those of you who have to deal with me on a regular basis, just consider me to be pregnant right now because I am going through all of the emotions that a woman goes through when she is about to become a mother. Even though my “gestation” period will be longer than that of an African elephant, I am quite capable of keeping up my emotional state until the day Natalie is placed in my arms. I’ve never had a shortage of emotion and I like it that way :-) Right now though, the smallest thing can touch me so deeply and invite me to cry. It feels good to embrace it all. In my mind, heart and soul I am already the mother of a little girl who is probably in her birth mother’s womb as I am writing this. I already love Natalie so much even though I have no idea what she looks like or what her personality will be. For some people this is a difficult concept to grasp. I can’t put my hands on my belly and send love to my child, but I do send my loving energy around the world every day to the child that will one day be a part of our family.