Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sunshine on a Rainy Day


I was too tired to go to my yoga class this evening (for me that is quite tired), so I headed straight home after work. These beautiful sunflowers were waiting for me when I walked in the door of the Happy Haus. My sweet husband bought them for me :-) I was so energized by the bright yellow sunflowers that I decided to make some Fettuccine Alfredo for supper. Yes, it was a semi-healthy organic version. The recipe is below... it’s very easy.

1/2 pound of pasta cooked until al dente

Saute 1 clove of garlic in 1 Tablespoon of olive oil

Add cooked pasta to garlic along with 1/2 cup of Organic parmesan cheese and 1 cup of milk

In a separate bowl mix 1 cup of organic plain yogurt with some of the pasta to warm it a little so that it doesn’t curdle, then add it to pan.

Stir and turn off heat. Cover and let pasta sit for about 12 minutes.

Add 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and fresh ground black pepper to taste.