Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Anniversary Orchid

For our first anniversary I gave Gary this orchid because it reminded me of our honeymoon in Hawaii. After the initial flowers died the plant consisted of only three leaves for over two years, but my intuition told me to hold on to it. Around the time of our third anniversary it finally bloomed again. This April was our fourth anniversary, and although the orchid was a little bit late for the celebration, it's making up for it with prolific flower production. There were eight buds, four of which have opened so far... it's a gorgeous show.

3 comments:

Kathryn and Ari said...

Wow--what a lovely sentiment! The orchid is just beautiful, and I'm so glad it bloomed again in time for your anniversary.

chummy's mum said...

Your Phalaenopsis is gorgeous! I love how they lay dormant, they're like little treasures when they start blooming again.

And a very happy anniversary to you!
xo :)

Unknown said...

I am so glad you posted this! I LOVE orchids! I bought one just like this last year and it bloomed for almost 8 months! Then...when the blossoms fell off I waited for it to rebloom but it never did. I only waited a year though. I just finally got rid of it a few months ago and now I wish I didn't! I never knew they would take this long to rebloom! I'm going to get another one this week! YAY!