We have been tagged by Kathyrn and Ari. Since my mama was just recently tagged I have graciously offered to complete the tagging task this time. Now you get to learn more than you ever thought you wanted to know about me, Katie the Newf.
We are supposed to reveal seven quirky (and previously unknown) things about us. Only 7??? I'm sure I could think of at least 100. I'm a pretty quirky and special girl.
1) The first toy I was given at the Happy Haus was a stuffed dog who at the time was about the same size as me. I used to cuddle with him in my kennel. I was too little to recognize that he was a dog. I thought he looked more like a bear, so I named him BearBo. BearBo is still in one piece and is still my favorite toy. You can see a recent picture of BearBo and me by clicking here.
2) My favorite game to play with mama is catch the DinoBo as he dances around and sings his silly songs. DinoBo is a Booda toy that is so fun to play with. Mama helps him dance around and then he tries to bite me on the nose, but I always bite him first. Love bites though - not hard bites - I don't want to hurt my DinoBo.
3) With dad I like to play a gentle game of tug the rope. Mama gets on to us if we are too rowdy, so we can't get as wild as we would like to. She'll never know what we do when she is not looking... hehe.
4) I love my mama and my dad both so much, but I show my love to them in very different ways. Every time I see dad, even if it's only been a 1/2 hour since I last saw him I wag my tail like crazy and try to lick his ears because I'm so happy to see him. I don't give mama an enthusiastic reception unless she's been gone for a few hours, but I don't like it when mama leaves me behind. If dad leaves me behind, no problem, but I like to be beside my mama every waking moment. I don't mind her going to work at all because she is very predictable with that schedule. Also since she explained that she needs to work to make money so she can buy me lots more food, treats and toys, I'm all for it. But, even though I am a dog I totally understand the concept of the weekend and she better not try to leave me home then or else I will give her my sad eyes which she can never resist.
5) I try to help my people out whenever I can. For example, I always carry Scarlett's flexi lead for mama from the back door up to the gate when we are about to go on a walk. This is my special job and if mama forgets to give me the leash I give her "the look" to tell her that she is losing her mind and needs to get with the program. Also, the other day mama was washing dishes and I was hanging out beside her as usual. My sister, Scarlett, started hooting and hollering the way she does when she's ready to come inside. Mama was trying to finish up the last few dishes while Scarlett continued hooting away. I didn't want my sissy to have to wait and I was also ready for some peace and quiet, so I went to the door and pushed it open with my big head. Scarlett came in and I immediately went back to my spot beside mama. Then my mama started going on and on about how smart I was to let Scarlett in. Sometimes I think she underestimates me, but she's starting to learn that I have almost unlimited potential. What I really want to know is where is my cookie. Doesn't my brilliance deserve a treat?
6) Scarlett is my ancient (almost 15 year old) sister. Even though she is wayyyyyy older than me I take great delight in bossing her around. The funny thing is that she loves it when I boss her. When I told this to mama she didn't believe me, but once she saw it with her own eyes she realized that Scarlett does seem quite joyful when I block her path as she is trying to come down the backyard steps. We have choreographed a whole intricate routine which no one could replicate if they tried. We like to do it every day when our people come home. We call it the Dance of Joy. Whenever we do the dance Scarlett acts like she is 2 years old instead of 15. I think she loves having a bossy little sister who also is her big sister since I weigh more than twice as much as she does.
Before mama opens the gate each morning for our walk she always says "Wait". I know what it means, but my sister sometimes likes to ignore the command (or maybe didn't hear it because her ears don't work that well). To help mama out, once the gate is open I stand with my body positioned across the opening so that Scarlett can't go out. Once mama says her happy "OK" word then I step aside to let sissy out.
7) Wow. I have a lot to say about myself, don't I? Only one left.. hummmm.... When mama and dad brought me home they said they would use my pretty white foot as a gauge to know when I needed a bath since it does show dirt more than the rest of me. Well, little did they know their plan was not necessary. I think I must be part cat because I am obsessed with being clean. I give myself spit baths anytime I get a speck of dirt on me. This means I only get bathed after swimming or on the rare occasion that I get too dirty to clean myself.
I had to cram a lot in because I know little Louis is soon going to be constantly trying to steal the spotlight from me. Now we are supposed to tag seven friends, but since we just did this recently we are going to follow Kathryn and Ari's lead and tell all of our readers that we would love to know 7 quirky things about you. If you decide to participate, just follow these simple rules:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Post 7 random or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
Happy Tagging! And to any of my dog friends who participate: tell your people you deserve an extra cookie after all of your hard work at posting. Cookies rule!
Much love and drooly kisses to you all,
from: Sue Golden
1 year ago