Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Natalie's First Dance Recital

Natalie just had her very first dance recital.  She and 6 other little girls from her class did a tap dance routine to the song "Mairzy Doats" (a hilarious song that I remember my father singing to me when I was a little girl).  


Excitement (and messy hair) before rehearsal.

The dress rehearsal was on Thursday.  The girls only did about 25% of their routine that they had worked on for months.  Here are some of the girls before their practice run.

Friday was the big night.  Before her dance I gave Natalie a card to commemorate the experience.  She was so thrilled and immediately started looking at it with her friends.  The girls did a much better job (maybe about 75% of the routine) during the actual recital.  I was so proud and loved watching my brave little sweetheart on stage in front of a few thousand people.
  


For months Natalie had been wanting roses... I'm not sure where she got the idea.  I told her that she would probably get some as a surprise at some point in her life knowing that I was intending to give some to her after the recital.  When she got them she was absolutely thrilled.  It was probably the best $10 I ever spent. 
As much as Natalie loves dancing I imagine this is the first of many recitals to come.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is darling! Natalie is growing up into a lovely girl.

Take care,
Bernadette