Thursday, April 19, 2012

Slide

Tomorrow marks 5 months since we brought Natalie home from China to the Happy Haus.  Physically she has grown about 3" and gained 5 pounds since we met her.  Intellectually she has learned a great deal of English as well as how to do hundreds of things that 2 year olds know how to do.  Emotionally she has come to realize that she is so very loved by her Mommy and Daddy.  Her nightmares have become infrequent. I think Natalie is starting to have faith that her family is for real and forever.

As of yesterday I am letting her play on the big kids' playground at school for a few minutes after I arrive to pick her up.  I was amazed as I watched her today to see how much more confident she looked than when she tried out the equipment for the first time yesterday.  When I arrived at school she ran to me with a huge smile on her face and was laughing as I picked her up into my arms.  Then she started pointing at the playground which adjoins her "baby" playground. As she pointed she said "outside, outside" like she wasn't already outside :)

1 comment:

Just Ramblin' said...

Hard to believe it has been 5 months! What a blessing. : )