Sunday, May 3, 2009

Green Organic Goodness

We got our first batch of organic, locally grown veggies from our community supported agriculture program. They were absolutely divine. I cooked a huge batch of rainbow kale, collard greens, turnip greens and Japanese mustard greens today. And it looks like we will have enough lettuce for salad everyday this week. I wasn't quite sure what to do with the kohlrabi. I ended up putting in a dish with some other sauteed vegetables. It wasn't bad, but didn't have a lot of taste. We also received a couple of things I've never heard of green garlic and mizuno, which is a slightly spicy tasting leaf lettuce. Getting to try new things that are not covered in pesticide is such a treat.
Photobucket

This red buttercrunch lettuce made the best salad I've ever had. Who knew lettuce could melt in your mouth?
Photobucket

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Yummy, Charity! I want to try some of that buttercrunch lettuce!