Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby!

Yesterday was little Louie's 1st birthday! One year ago I received a phone call from our breeders telling me that Robin and Loki's puppies had arrived. There were 3 girls and 7 boys. We were getting second pick of the litter after our breeders made their choice, so we were thrilled that there would be a lot of boys to choose from. I met the puppies when they were ten days old and held every one of them. I didn't know which one was Louie, but I knew that one of them would be our baby.
Photobucket

Photobucket

The second time I visited the litter the pups were about 2 1/2 weeks old. Bonnie told me that Mr. Red had already managed to climb out of the whelping box. I thought to myself "We definitely shouldn't get Red. He's going to be a mischievous troublemaker." Ha ha... who did we end up with? Mr. Red, of course. He had the sweetest personality and that was our top priority. Bonnie and Bill knew that I would fall for him so they started calling him Louie when he was about four weeks old. We definitely ended up with the perfect puppy for our family. Gary, Katie and I all adore and love Louie so much. He is very affectionate, brilliantly smart, and is quite a handsome Newf puppy. We are so grateful for everyday that we share with Louie.

Louie during his first few minutes home at the Happy Haus
Photobucket

And now the birthday boy would like to tell you all about his big day.

Birthdays are super cool. Even though I get tons of attention everyday of the year I got even more on my birthday. I love to be the center of attention, so it worked out great.

My day started off the usual way. The first thing I do everyday is cuddle with my Dad.
Photobucket

After a delicious breakfast I played in the backyard with my toys and my sister.
Photobucket

Since it was my birthday I decided to be generous and let my sister Katie harass me for once. Usually I spend most of my waking time jumping on her and stealing her toys.
Photobucket



This is me pretending to be grown up :-)
Photobucket

My favorite thing in the whole world is to have my pack together. I don't care what we do as long as I have Mama, Daddy and Katie by my side. Since it was my birthday though we got to go somewhere very special. We drove for about an hour in the car until we got to this place called Petit Jean State Park. We got to hike on a cool trail called the Seven Hollows Trail. Katie and I loved it.

Here we are at the natural stone bridge
Photobucket

And by a big rock with Mama
Photobucket

Since we had the whole place pretty much to ourselves we decided to practice our recalls. This is our favorite obedience exercise because we get to run and when we get to Mom or Dad we get cookies!!!

Here's a video of our first recall from the perspective of Mama who had to eat our dust as we ran to Daddy.


Here's our second recall taken from the perspective of Daddy as we raced to see who could reach him first. Who do you think won??? :-)


Running to Daddy is fun
Photobucket

Me and Katie pretending to be cave bears
Photobucket

Photobucket

After dinner and my special birthday sardines it was time for a rest with my sister Katie who is also my BFF.
Photobucket

Birthdays are the best! I plan on having lots and lots of them.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Happy Birthday Louie ! I can't beleive it's been a year ! I remember when your mommy first went and took pics of all the puppies with their colors and she kept talking about red !

Happy 1st !

Charlotte and crew

Unknown said...

What a WONDERFUL birthday LOUIE!!! I can't believe you are one year old already! What a big boy you are! So handsome! You still are Baby Louie to me though! I love the hiking pictures!